Seven megalithic temples are found on the islands of Malta and Gozo, each the result of an individual development.
The two temples of Ggantija on the island of Gozo are notable for their gigantic Bronze Age structures. On the island of Malta, the temples of Hagar Qin, Mnajdra and Tarxien are unique architectural masterpieces, given the limited resources available to their builders.
The Ta'Hagrat and Skorba complexes show how the tradition of temple-building was handed down in Malta.- UNESCO (CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0)
6 sites in this World Heritage
- Ġgantija Temples
- Ħaġar Qim
- Ta' Hagrat
- UNESCO Official Site
- Ten Tips for Visiting the Megalithic Temples of Malta & Gozo
- UNESCO World Heritage Site #278: Megalithic Temples of Malta
- Malta Archaeological Sites - Megalithic Temples & Tombs | Visit Malta
- Megalithic Temples of Malta - Oldest Temples in the World - Malta Temples
- Megalithic Temples of Malta - Unesco World Heritage Site | For World Heritage Travellers