Lamu Old Town is the oldest and best-preserved Swahili settlement in East Africa, retaining its traditional functions.
Built in coral stone and mangrove timber, the town is characterized by the simplicity of structural forms enriched by such features as inner courtyards, verandas, and elaborately carved wooden doors.
Lamu has hosted major Muslim religious festivals since the 19th century, and has become a significant centre for the study of Islamic and Swahili cultures.- UNESCO (CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0)
Lamu Old Town
- UNESCO Official Site
- Lamu Old Town (Kenya) | African World Heritage Sites
- Lamu Island Tourism and Holidays: Best of Lamu Island - TripAdvisor
- Lamu old town ･ The Charming Lonno Lodge Watamu, Kenya
- Lamu Old Town Hotels and Accommodation - Lamu Island Kenya
- Tour Of Lamu Old Town In Kenya - AfricanMecca Safaris
- Lamu Old Town | World Monuments Fund
- Lamu Old Town - Magical Kenya