The temples at Khajuraho were built during the Chandella dynasty, which reached its apogee between 950 and 1050. Only about 20 temples remain; they fall into three distinct groups and belong to two different religions – Hinduism and Jainism. They strike a perfect balance between architecture and sculpture. The Temple of Kandariya is decorated with a profusion of sculptures that are among the greatest masterpieces of Indian art.- UNESCO (CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0)
15 sites in this World Heritage
- Protected Temple Area. Western Group.
- Chausath Jogini Temple. Western Group
- Chopra or square tank. Western group.
- Laguan Mahadeva Temple. Western Group.
- Brahma Temple. Eastern Group.
- Colossal statue of Shri Hanuman. Eastern Group.
- Ghanti Temple. Eastern group
- Javari Temple. Eastern group.
- Kakra Marh. Eastern group
- Vamana Temple. Eastern group
- Adinath Temple. Eastern Group
- Parsvanatha Temple. Eastern group
- Santinatha Temple. Eastern group
- Duladeo Temple. Southern group
- Chaturbuj Temple. Southern group